Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Jessica

Happy birthday to my oldest and wisest sister Jessica.  She is one of my best friends! She also takes good care of me, I claim that she is my mom in Salt Lake. She always gives great advice and is a great listener as she will let me ramble on for hours to her sometimes.  Mike was out of town on business today so I decided she needed some quality girl time with me.  So Kara watched her kids and I took her to get a pedicure and manicure.  We then met the rest of our family for dinner in Bountiful at the Mandarin, which is very tasty.  It has become a family favorite recently.  It also makes it easier to meet up with the family coming down from Logan.  

Jessica's family will be moving to Colorado Springs the end of July as Mike was offered a great job that they couldn't pass up.  I seriously don't know what I'm going to do without them around. It is because of Jessica that I moved to Salt Lake in the first place.  She convinced me to come live with them and do my student teaching many years ago. Luckily it worked out and I was offered a job at the same school a year later.  I told her she can't move because who will watch her kids.  Unfortunately it wasn't a selling point.  Although I am excited for them and know it will be great for their family, I can't help but be very sad.  She is the first one to move more than an hour 1/2 drive away from the rest of the family, I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later but that doesn't make it easier, we are all very close, probably too close if you ask some of my brother-in-laws.   I know that many of you can relate to living far away from family.  Luckily Colorado Springs is only about an 8 hour drive away (I looked it up right after I found out) so it might be possible to make some weekend visits every once in a while.  

(The pictures above are from Taegan's blessing and Griffin's baptism that took place the end of January)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Mo- I was so glad to hear from you. You know that if I see you drive by to visit Mandy and you don't stop, you will hear about it. When does the sale go through?
I am so jealous of your Wicked adventures. I have only seen it in NY, but am after Rog constantly to take me again. I want to take Jaelyn, she is only 5 but loves the Wizard of Oz and loves music, so why not. She also isn't afraid of dark movies. I loved your Dad's comment. My dad would say the same thing. That is why my mom and I left the kids at the hotel with the men while we went to see it. Keep in touch!

Kade and Katie said...

mo, happy late birthday! i just love you to pieces. it is always fun to read about your adventures. and how is that back healing! that was crazy! come visit next time your in town!

Jen said...

Yes, Happy Birthday Jessica. I will miss her and her family, too.

cjanddiane said...

I know I am so sad they are moving too! However...we could use a Monique in our family. I think we could adopt you now since Jessica is moving. I could be your older wiser sister...oh wait you still have Kara & Mandy...darn it!

Mrs. Budge said...

DON'T GO JESS!!!!