Sunday, February 22, 2009

Beautiful Maui

February 3rd to the 10th I went with 3 other friends, Kelli, Kimi, and Heidi to Maui, Hawaii.  Kimi's birthday was February 6th and it was the big 3-0 so we decided it was necessary to be in Hawaii to celebrate.  It was so hard getting back on the plane to come home.  We actually landed back in SLC at 5:30 am the morning of the 11th.  It was pretty rough as I went right back to work that morning with little to no sleep after the red eye flight.  At least my students seemed excited to have me back and they were pretty jealous of my sweet tan.  
Maui was amazing.  I am seriously considering moving there.  It was so beautiful and relaxing plus everybody was so nice there.  We loved just relaxing by the pool and at the ocean.  I decided that is the way to live.  How can I make that happen?  
Our Hotel was so nice.  We picked this hotel off of expedia because it said there was a rope bridge and water slide.  We were excited as we discovered that we had actually chosen a really nice hotel and the water slide didn't disappoint us either.  I don't think many guests at the hotel fully appreciated the water slide like we did. We could go over and over and every once in awhile we would have to wait for a little kid or two. 
 
I felt rich as they walked around with cold towels and otter pops as we laid out by the pool.  I couldn't resist ordering a drink and lunch one day pool side (it was expensive though).  Good thing I don't drink Alcohol I would have paid at least $5 more for my Pina-Colada- actually this one was called a Tidal Wave.  

We visited several different beaches so we could see different parts of Maui. 
We watched some crazy surfers in Paia.  It was so windy in Paia.  We tried to relax on the beach but couldn't handle the sand blowing in our faces the whole time.  

I loved the Old Lahaina Lua.

We braved the road to Hana, I loved it although it did get a little tiresome.  The waterfalls at the end and the scenery along the way made it worth it.
  

We went snorkeling at the Molokini Crater and Turtle town.  We were able to see several sea turtles along with some cool fish. 
  
It is whale season in Hawaii right now so we were able to see tons of Humpback whales.  It was fun to spot them as we would walk or drive along the ocean.  We were able to see several up close from the boat on our way to our snorkeling spots as well as a couple dolphins.  

The sunsets over the ocean are amazing.  

My 30th is next year and I am already thinking about celebrating it in Cancun or at least somewhere warm and tropical, any takers?

3 comments:

Jen said...

I can't put into words how envious I am.

Mrs. Budge said...

I'll tell you exactly how to make that lifestyle happen... marry rich, really rich.

I won't even tell you how much you missed out on while you were gone. We had sooooo much fun!!! (Who's jealous now?)

cjanddiane said...

Wow trip looks awesome! Hope your back is better.