Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bear Lake Monster Winter Style


One weekend in January I went to my friend Kelli's cabin in Bear Lake with a group of friends.  We always have so much fun up there.  Kelli and I have known each other since about 6th grade so I have fond memories of going to her cabin while in high school as well.  Last summer on a trip to the cabin we were playing on the beach and created a relay called the "Bear Lake Monster".  So we decided we had a new tradition and this time we held "Bear Lake Monster 2" winter style.  It was hilarious, not to mention exhausting.  I'm proud to say that my teammate Kimi and I took 2nd place with a time of 2 minutes 18 seconds!  We took plenty of pictures but luckily no one was at the finish line taking pictures so you are all spared from my cookie snot, sorry about that Kimi:)  

Kelli and Corey who lost and cheated!

The Champions Alli and Troy. 

We also had fun being pulled around on a sled behind a truck on the beach.  The beach was pretty icy in spots luckily no one was injured.  I also made one of the best purchases of my life up there- a pink flamed snow mask for my face, everyone was so jealous.  Luckily I am nice and was willing to share with others.  

It was such a pretty day and evening.  We were still out sledding when the full moon rose over the mountains and reflected across the lake with a beautiful winter scene surrounding Bear Lake.  I love being able to get away for a weekend with good friends, good food, and lots of fun! 

2 comments:

Jen said...

It appears from your posts that you are always on vacation. But, It seems like you are always at work. Are you two people?

Mrs. Budge said...

Too bad you didn't have your pink face mask on while you crossed the finish line so you could spare Kimi the cookie snot. Poor girl, I know a few good therapists if she is interested.