Sunday, March 15, 2009

Utah State Aggies WAC Champions! Ready to Dance!

It was a great weekend as I was able to go to Reno and watch the Aggies sweep the WAC Tournament.  What made it even sweeter was beating Nevada on their home court.  I really hate the tournament in Reno (not the greatest little city in the world after all) and I really dislike the Nevada fans (I had a little run in with one a couple years ago after the championship game and I still have a bad taste in my mouth).  I had to miss the first game on Thursday, unfortunately I have to be a responsible adult once in awhile.  My mom and I flew down on Friday afternoon and met up with my dad who had driven down by himself on Wednesday and also met up with my Brother Ramsey and his wife Ashley who had flown down earlier.  The game Friday night against New Mexico was too close for comfort and I almost had a heart attack as Utah State pulled it off in the final 7 seconds of the game winning 71-70.  Saturday's championship game was exciting from start to finish.  I love how supportive Aggie fans are. There was a huge crowd of Utah State fans one that closely rivaled the local Nevada fans. Everywhere we went we saw Aggies.   


Coach Stew Morrill cutting down the nets after the championship.  I love this guy!

WAC Player of the year, Tourney MVP, and USU's lone senior Gary Wilkinson celebrating after taking the first cut of the net after the championship. 


It was really fun being able to spend some time with my cousin Raegan and her family.  Her husband Terry is a Nevada fan, he is the exception to my dislike of the Nevada fans luckily I do really like Terry and he is a very gracious Nevada fan.


The final score.  Nevada never once held the lead and it was fun to start the game off with a 21-4 run for the Aggies.  It shut the Wolfpack up quickly.  The arrogant Nevada guys sitting next to me even left the game early, obviously not true fans.  I was very happy when they left! Right from the start of the game they stunk like alcohol and I'm pretty sure he had 2 more beers during the first half.  He started the game booing the Aggies really loudly and obnoxiously.  He had a very limited vocabulary as every other word he said started with a F.  He kept making the most ignorant comments.  It was all I could do to hold back from saying something.  Luckily the score spoke for itself which was my saving grace! Once again he proved my dislike for the Nevada fans and the tournament in Reno.  Are you sure you're not ready to jump ship and become an Aggie fan Terry?

4 comments:

Teri said...

Woo Hoo!!!

Stephanie said...

Go Aggies!!! I figured you guys were at the game cheering them on. You are such true fans. What a fun game to go to.

Did you see the Big Blue Episode with the mustache?

Fantastic Five said...

I will work on him Mo...

It was great to be able to spend time with you and your parents this last weekend, it does not happen often enough!

How did you Black Jack card work out for you?

Burnetts said...

It looks like you have been having lots of fun and a little pain! I was glad you commented, now I added you on my blog. Sorry I did not know you had a blog! Lets get together soon.