Monday, March 23, 2009

March Sadness in Boise- So Close!!!



I really wanted to go to Boise to watch the Aggies play in the NCAA tournament but I just didn't think it would happen.  I have missed so much school lately and I figured tickets would be hard to come by so I decided to not even plan on going.  However, the day before the game I got a text from my brother Ramsey while I was at school that said Call me ASAP. I was nervous for about 2 seconds and then I knew he must have tickets. Sure enough I was right.  He had bought 4 tickets off of eBay.  I just couldn't say no, I really wanted to go all along and knew if the chance came up I couldn't turn it down.  So I wrote up a sub plan, cancelled some other plans I had made for Friday night and headed to Logan since we were leaving early the next morning.  

It was a fun trip with the guys as I went with my brother, my dad, and my brother-in-law Mike B.  We left Logan at 5 a.m.  Not much will get me out of bed that early.  We arrived in Boise around 9 a.m. and headed to the Taco Bell Arena.  The game didn't start till 10:30 so we had plenty of time to watch both teams warm up and get pumped for the game.  The student section was already going strong as they were chanting each players name during the warm ups.  It was exciting.   I love the spectrum on wheels cheering section.
 

Unfortunately the Aggies couldn't pull off the win even though they were so close! 58-57  It was a heartbreaker as they lost by one point in the end.  The first half wasn't the best as the team seemed a little shell shocked.  The second half was exciting as they came back and took the lead by 6 but they couldn't hold on to the lead.  I'm not sure what's worse, losing by one or being blown away.  I think if they had lost by 6 I might have felt a little better. I guess it is time to move on. I am still proud to be an Aggie!  It was a great record breaking basketball season as the Aggies went 30-5. 

Although the Aggies lost it was a beautiful day on Friday.  Spring better be right around the corner because I decided that Aggie basketball is what helps me get through the winter.  So go away Snow!!!
 
P.S. Since the Aggies didn't win I was thrilled that Utah and BYU also lost.  I am so sick of what little respect the USU Basketball team gets on the local news stations. Honestly they were nationally ranked for several weeks and hardly anything was mentioned about it. It's sad that the Big Blue incident at the New Mexico game (ripping off Pistol Pete's mustache) received more attention on the local news and nationally than the fact that USU had a record breaking season and won the WAC championship.  Living in Salt Lake makes me dislike those 2 schools even more!  I know I'm a little bit of a crazy fan. 

2 comments:

Camille said...

Bryan doesn't yet know the joys of blog comments, but he said he is not surprised you went, and GO AGGIES! It was a bummer of a game, but Utah State had a closer game than the other Utah teams. So close! So sad!

The Mathews Family said...

Hey Monique! Did you see my boys at the WAC tourney? James and my boys went for the whole thing and wore aggie shirts, painted their hair blue and big "A's" on their faces for each game! They had the time of their lives! At least they won that title eh? I wished I could have come to see them do so well, but it was kind of a guy trip- James's Dad, brothers and brother in law and their boys went as well.