Sunday, December 20, 2009

Andersons move to Colorado Springs

My oldest sister Jessica and her family moved to Colorado Springs the 1st of August. I watched her kids for several days while they moved out there to give them some time to get settled in without the kids. On August 6th I drove her kids to Colorado Springs along with my Mom, Dad, sister Mandy and her kids. It was a REALLY long drive. I knew it would take about 12 hours but it ended up taking us the whole day, thank goodness for DVD players, Nintendo DS and Ipods to keep the kids entertained during the long drive.
We spent most of our time there assembling stuff Jess had bought from Ikea and helping to finish the unpacking. When we left she was pretty well settled in. We did get to visit the Garden of the Gods while we were there. It was really beautiful.
I spent most of my time helping assemble Jessica's home office since everything came from Ikea. It looked great in the end.
Ella on the stairs in the entryway in her new home, she was excited about the new place.
They bought a beautiful home in a nice neighborhood.
It was very hard to say goodbye! Pretty sure we cried for a good 10 minutes in the car. I sure do miss them and look forward to going back for a visit so I can see more of Colorado Springs.

No comments: