Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Viva Las Gevas


Last week was my spring break. Now that Kara teaches in the same district as me we finally had spring break at the same time.  Kara had to judge a dance competition in St. George over the weekend so her and Mike decided to go a couple days early and go to Las Vegas.  They were offered a free room in Vegas if they attended a time share presentation so they decided it would be worth it.  They were nice to invite me along.  I think they had a couple motives for inviting me- they needed a babysitter so they could attend the presentation, Mike needed someone to hang out with in St. George while Kara was judging, and of course because I am the coolest sister and aunt so why wouldn't they want to spend several days with me.  I was happy to tag along.  I couldn't pass up free lodging and a get away for a couple days. We drove down on April 15th which was Tyce's 1st Birthday.  I was there when he entered the world so it was only appropriate that I also spent his 1st birthday with him.  

Taya was pretty excited to go to "Las Gevas" and really caught the spirit of Vegas as she performed this song for us when we checked into the room. I think she has a future as a performer of some sort, let's just hope it's not a performer in Las Vegas. 

I think her performance name is Mermaidia or something like that.  Here's another one just to show how crazy she is.


Tyce was enthralled with the performers at Circus Circus. 

I had no idea there was a Serendipity in Las Vegas.  I was so excited as I love this place in New York City.  Taya and I enjoying some delicious Frozen Hot Chocolate.


The gardens in the Bellagio were amazing as usual, I loved the Spring decor.  They had beautiful tulips, daffodils, and poppies.  Plus a greenhouse full of butterflies.  Taya loved smelling all of the flowers and playing with the water displays.  





Tyce loved riding on his dads shoulders, isn't he so cute in his little hat. 


A little pose with the Coke Bear at the Coke store.


The Venetian also had a beautiful spring display.  I loved the Umbrellas.  




Taya and I waiting for the scandalous show at Treasure Island after we had stuffed ourselves at the Treasure Island Buffet. 

4 comments:

Amberly said...

I loved those movies! Cute Taya :)

Julie said...

What a fun trip and cute Barbie cake! We need to get together and catch up some time! Are you doing cheer next year?

Jen H. said...

Mo, it sounded like you had such a fun birthday! I wonder what everyone will do for your 30th to top that! You have such fun friends, your students love you and you already know awesome I think your family is!

I should be checking your blog to find out what Kara is up too. What a fun trip to "Las Gegas"! Taya is so much fun! I was laughing so hard at the video's. (and at Mike's voice) You'd be my favorite aunt too!

Fantastic Five said...

The spring decor at the Vegas hotels is awesome!! I am very excited that I am still able to see Wicked....I feel horrible that your Mom cannot make it! Thank you Kara as well for stepping aside and giving us a ticket - what a gal!