Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pioneer Day

For the 24th of July (Pioneer Day to us Utah Folks) I did a little swimming at the pool in my complex with Kara and her kids then went to the Ogden Pioneer Days Rodeo. It is one of my favorite rodeos. My family doesn't have any big Pioneer Day traditions but the last few years we have gone to the Ogden Rodeo. The best part about going to this Rodeo on the 24th is that they crown Miss Rodeo Utah. When I was young I loved watching the Rodeo Queens and secretly I have always wanted to be one. I would love to own a horse, there is definitely some cowgirl inside of me. I'm not sure if I could pull off the pants very well though. I think it would also be great to love a cowboy.
Here's Miss Ella in her rodeo queen hat, I definitely think she can win an award for being Miss Photogenic.
Taegan really wanted to give Griffin's cowboy hat a try.
At the end of the rodeo they had the Ogio Airforce showing off some awesome tricks on motorcycles. They are so thrilling to watch and Griffin's face was priceless. Definitely a highlight of the rodeo and of course the night ended with some fireworks.

No comments: