Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to School- Ready or Not

Today was the first official day of school. I have been back to work since last Tuesday but it was nice to have students there today. Mostly I was getting tired of long meetings! I think I'm going to have some fun classes. It's amazing how quickly you can tell which students are going to challenge you a little bit and which ones are going to be really fun. The classes were really short today so I guess we'll see how great my students really are when I have them for the full 90 minutes. The day ended with a fantastic Hello Assembly. After the typical performances by the Cheerleaders, Dance Company, and SBO's we had a great multi-media presentation that I found so inspiring, I seriously had tears in my eyes at least 3 different times. I hope the high school students really listened to the great messages that were being shared.
I stayed late at school last night trying to make sure that I had all the little things ready and when I finally left I felt pretty good about beginning a new year. I decided to snap a few photos of my classroom since I thought it looked nice, clean, and organized. We'll see if it looks the same way after the assignments start piling up in the in-baskets. Oh how I hate Grading!
Typically after the first day of school I am exhausted but tonight was different, I felt pretty energized actually. I was on a roll today I actually packed a lunch, something that I don't think has ever happened, I was home fairly early and made dinner (also a pretty rare occurrence) and to top the day off I even went to the gym tonight which is something I haven't done for way to long. Let's hope I'm off to a great start!
Logo of Utah State University
My classes started at Utah State yesterday as well. I am taking two Psychology classes online and it looks like they are going to be pretty interesting. It's weird to go back to school as a teacher and a student this year, I hope I can keep up with it all. Thank goodness I am not the official cheer coach anymore:)

7 comments:

Skye O. said...

Hi Monique!
I found your blog while I was blog-hopping. Where do you teach? I bet you are an amazing teacher. Good luck with school too! You are amazing! Fun to see you...without seeing you. :)

Skye O.
skye-o.blogspot.com

BeckyB.West said...

Monique! I did not know you were at Highland High! I live 3 minutes away from that high school. I want to stop by and see your classroom sometime. Maybe I'll pop in after school and say hi a day. You are a go-getter!

Rachel N said...

Sounds like a good start to the year! I miss your classes Mo! :)

Jen said...

That does sound like a good start to the year! I'll try not to bug you too much.

Burnetts said...

Hope you are enjoying being back at school. Sounds like you had a fun summer (besides surgery). It was fun to get together. We should plan on doing that every summer.

Mrs. Budge said...

Get em' girl!

emandtrev said...

I'm so glad you sent me an email! It will be great to keep in touch with you. I bet you are an awesome teacher and your students love you!! I also think reading your blog answered my question of where you live now. :)

So excited to keep up with you!