Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer night with Kenny

Kenny Chesney is one of my favorite country singers. My brother Ramsey introduced me to his music many years ago and I have been a huge fan since. I have seen him in concert many, many times and he always puts on such a great show. My summer just wouldn't be the same without a Kenny Chesney concert. I was scheduled to have gallbladder surgery on July 23rd but when I realized it was the same day as the Kenny Chesney concert I decided to postpone the surgery a few weeks. The concert started at 5:30 with Lady Antebellum and Miranda Lambert also performing and we didn't leave the stadium until about 11:30. I was pretty bummed that Sugarland had to cancel because one of the singers lost her voice. I am pretty sure it was one of the hottest days in Utah. We were shaded from the sun and were still dripping wet. But as Kenny says in one of his songs "When the sun goes down everything gets hotter". During his encore he sang all cover songs which were all awesome but I was a little disappointed because he missed a few of his own hits.
Karlyn and I enjoying the show. The girls I was planning on going to the concert with backed out the day of so I was scrambling to find someone else to go with. (Seriously I had rescheduled my surgery, I had to go) I was so happy when Karlyn said she wanted to go. She has been living in NYC the last few months so it was so great to catch up with her and she is always so much fun. The best part was that we bought our tickets the day of and ended up getting seats that were normally $100 for $30. It was also really fun to run into my cousins at the concert and was impressed to see the whole Reese clan there. (Next time they better call me when they are coming to Utah for a concert, yes Raegan and Becky I'm talking to you!)
A fan in the crowd gave Kenny this U of U hat and he was nice enough to wear it during his encore. I lost a little bit of love for him during this moment but he was doing it for the fan. I took the picture for Karlyn since she is a Ute. (Boo) :)

2 comments:

Fantastic Five said...

Yes, you are absolutely right that Becky needs to call when she is in town again, what a JERK! :)

I would be more than happy to tag along on all of your awesome adventures, just give me a few hours notice to drive in!

Karlyn said...

Wow. I just barely saw this post. WOOHOO!!! We are roommates again!!! Also we move next week....can you believe it?? Oh Kenny in the Ute hat is priceless...you know it.