Tuesday, July 21, 2009

80 years of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir/Fireworks

On Sunday July 19th I went with my parents to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's 80th year anniversary broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word. I love going to the broadcast. It's a tradition of my family to go to the broadcast the Sunday before Christmas but I need to do it more often since I live so close. The broadcast was beautiful as usual. After the broadcast they had a little program in honor of the 8o years. President Monson spoke as well as several other people. It was neat as they talked about how the broadcast brings a lot of hope and inspiration to listeners around the world. Not to mention that it is the longest continually running radio broadcast in the world. President Monson shared several stories about how peoples lives have been touched by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, he is such a great story teller. I was very touched by the broadcast and the program and was glad to be a part of the special celebration.
Growing up when we would make the trip down to Salt Lake for the broadcast it was always a special treat to go to the brunch at Little America. So luckily my dad didn't disappoint me and took my mom and I to the brunch at Grand America. I have to take advantage of being there only single child and let my dad pay for me once in a while still:). It was soooo delicious! Of course we all left sick because we ate so much, why do we do that to ourselves? I really wanted to go home and take a nap but I was good and actually did make it to my ward for Sacrament.
To top the day off I went to the fireworks in Ogden at Night with Kara and Taya. We met up with Ramsey and Ashley, my Aunt Polly, Aunt JoAnn, and Jenna. They were great. I love Fireworks!

1 comment:

Mrs. Budge said...

Wish we could have come.