Monday, July 20, 2009

Father's Day

Here are the three R. Lynn Nielsen men. My brother Ramsey Lynn Nielsen, my dad Richard Lynn Nielsen, and my grandpa Roland Lynn Nielsen (although he goes by Lynn). What a great group of guys. My grandpa was putting a little pressure on Ramsey about how he is the only one to carry on the Nielsen name so he better have a son. That prompted a discussion about what R names Ramsey might use. Well I think it will be awhile before they have to really worry about names.
It was good to be able to spend Father's day with some of the most important men in my life. Although Ramsey's not a father yet we let him and Tyce get in the picture. I love how my grandpa is grabbing Tyce's hand and looking at him. Sometimes it's just as hard to get my grandpa to look at the camera as it is for a little kid. But it does demonstrate how much he loves his great grandkids and really knows each one of them.

I have to give a little shout out too my dad who always takes such great care of his family. He is a hard worker and is so patient! I think he learned that from growing up with 5 sisters and being the only boy and then having 4 daughters and only 1 son. He usually is a pretty quiet man and doesn't say a whole lot unless you get him on a few specific topics then he can carry on a conversation for hours. I love when he shares stories from his past. Thanks Dad for all that you do for me!

No comments: